US Budget Crisis Explained in Easy Terms
Even a child could understand!
If only every American could see it in these simple terms, maybe we could get out of this mess.
• U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
• Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
• New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
• National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
• Recent budget cut: $ 38,500,000,000
Now, let's remove the last 8 zeros from those numbers, and pretend it's a household budget:
• Annual family income: $21,700
• Money the family spent: $38,200
• New debt on the credit card: $16,500
• Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
• Total budget cuts: $385
Now, that was easy to understand. Now we wish we still didn't understand it!
(thanks to Bob Morse)